Inspirational thoughts about "New Beginnings"

There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth..not going all the way, and not starting

-Hindu Prince Gautama Siddharta, the founder of Buddhism, 563-483 B.C.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Just about two weeks - Yeah!  What I cliche way to start this entry, but truth be told, it is about two weeks now, and this is still exciting.  Happily, not much has changed, other than I feel I have more energy, and I hope that continues to get better as the time goes on...


I would love to share some philosophical tidbits here, but there is none to share.  There is no new found wisdom, no  "awakening".  However, there is the dawning realization of what is happening...
In Europe there is more of this going on than we know about here in North America....
More people are being given the chance to be part in trials to try stopping drug therapy.
This clearly isn't for everyone, and despite what some expert say, the better and more predictable route to trying this lies with people who have had some exposure to IFN.
That is becoming abundantly clear and proof will be forthcoming in a relatively short time..
As each day passes, I am beginning to convince myself that this is for real...
TKI's have made all of this possible.  There is synergy between TKI's and IFN.  IFN gets a bum rap all the time, it shouldn't.  The main principle of action seems to be along the lines of  body, heal thyself   The conclusion in the CML section says: "These results suggest that IFN-{alpha} can induce CML remission by facilitating autologous leukemia-reactive CTL expansion"


I hope this is happening in my case, and all the other cases....


Stay tuned... PCR tests in Mid October with results to follow shortly after that...
For now, I am getting back to more running and other things...Trying to keep myself busy.  Feel like a five year old waiting for Christmas....


John Lennon said it so well:  "Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans"....

No comments:

Post a Comment